January 3, 2010

Arugula Salad

It's not on my meal plan for the week but this looks so good, I plan to make it soon. I think I may use pecans instead of the pine nuts, I am not a big pine nut fan.

Arugula Strawberry Salad

Get:

8 oz of arugula
1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/2 cup of goat cheese, see note below
3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
3 tablespoons poppyseed salad dressing, I prefer Brianna’s

Prepare:

In a small bowl, coat strawberries with poppyseed dressing. In your serving bowl, place arugula and add strawberry and poppyseed mixture. Add pinenuts and toss gently. Sprinkle with goat cheese and serve with extra dressing on the side!

* for the goat cheese, you can either use a soft, crumbled chevre or use a firmer goat cheddar and cut into cubes for this salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment