January 3, 2010

Sunday Dinner....




Sunday is supposed to be a day to make a great meal. Well, today at least I cooked! I went to the grocery store in the morning and I really did pay attention to what I bought. Went with a list, and had a plan for meals for a good part of the week. One of my big issues is that I tend to hit the grocery store every day and wow, can you spend a lot of money everyday!

Tonight was meatloaf, mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower(see recipe below). We also had some yummy homemade applesauce(thanks to my fabulous neighbor Jeanne) that the kids loved.


Everyone was happy and quite excited that we had made it 3 whole nights!!!(yes, I realize that this is pathetic)




Meatloaf was by request from Brittany






Roasted Cauliflower*(it was a big hit)

1 head cauliflower cut up
lots of salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup gruyere, grated
3/4 cup parmesan, grated

Place cauliflower florets on roasting pan, drizzle oil, add salt and pepper and toss. Roast at 350 for approximately 1/2 hour(turn once). Once cauliflower is crispy and browning add cheeses and cook 2-3 minutes more. Serve immediately. So good and.... so good for you!

*adapted from Barefoot Contessa


No comments:

Post a Comment