February 12, 2010

Laziness...


Last night became the lazy night.  I had chicken out to make a great meal I had been planning(stay tuned for that next week).  Unfortunately, my family was dropping like flies!  Ryan was not coming home and my husband was not going to be home until late.  Will had overdosed earlier on 2 tuna melts and half the house. (He also grew an inch overnight but that is another story!)The chicken went into the freezer.  I decided that we didn't need much.  After perusing the freezer and the refrigerator I settled on open grilled cheese sandwiches.  When I was a child my mom made these a lot on Saturday nights.  I didn't realize it then, but I am sure she was just sick of cooking by Saturday!  For me, Saturday became Thursday. I tried to "healthy them up" with light multigrain english muffins(I only buy these now, nobody ever misses the white ones), tomato, cheese and a small piece of bacon.  A little spicy brown mustard for those who need a little something extra and we were set!  And, oh, to not have any dishes.... that might have been the best part!



No comments:

Post a Comment