February 10, 2010

Our Snowy Day Breakfast....

On snowy days everyone is out shoveling the driveway and walk and I like to have a nice warm breakfast ready when they come in.  Somehow, this pancake has become the standard (interpretation: expected) breakfast.  Today the kids are all home... we are having a "huge storm."  Of course, it is 10:20 and I haven't seen a flake! Why aren't they in school?  But, since there is snow in the forecast, Will was down this morning asking for the "pancake".  It is so good, honestly, everyone who has ever had it loves it.  I've served it for breakfast parties, kid's sleepovers, even Christmas morning.  I stole the recipe from my mom a long time ago and it has now become "mine". (Sorry, Mom!)  It is also great the next day, reheated. You can't go wrong!!




Pancake

1 1/2 cups Bisquick(I use the lowfat)
1 heaping Tblsp sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk(any kind, I use skim)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
10-12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

Preheat oven to 425.  Grease/flour 9 x 13 pan. Beat bisquick, sugar, 1/2 cup cheese by hand.  Beat in milk, eggs and syrup.  Pour into prepared dish.  Bake uncovered 10-15minutes.  (pancake should not quite be done yet).  Sprinkle bacon and cheese and bake 3-5 minutes more.  Serve with a side of syrup.


1 comment:

  1. What's for snowy day lunch? I need to be entertained while at work

    ReplyDelete