March 22, 2010

Balsamic Flank Steak

Well, the party is over here. After being away for a few days, we are back on track of eating at home. Since we all over indulged a little while we were away (more on that in another post), tonight I wanted to have a big salad. My boys need some substance with it though so I decided a little beef would perk it up. And, since it is spring, Flank Steak came to mind. Flank Steak is one of those meats I don’t make very often, but when I do, everyone loves it. Then I forget about it again for a few months! Flank Steak can be a little dull though, so I concocted a marinade to spice things up. I love marinades but don’t love buying the store bought ones; always so much sodium. It’s amazing what you can throw together to make a marinade. I whisked the marinade together about 3:00 and poured it over the meat. At 6:00 tonight all I had to do was put together a salad and grill up the meat. I ended up pouring some Caesar Dressing on top of the salad - it was yummy! Not a morsel left. The meat turned out wonderfully; Brittany suggested that next time I serve it with rice and a vegetable. In her words, “It tasted like steak tips”. Not a bad review! So, if you haven’t already done so, time to break out the grill!
DSC_0414


Balsamic Marinade for Beef(I used a 2 1b Flank Steak)

1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tblsp Dijon Mustard
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp Italian Seasonings(preferably no salt added, if not, omit salt)

Whisk ingredients together and pour over meat. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
Remove meat and place on grill. Discard marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment