March 25, 2010

Mart's Mac and Cheese Returns

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you might remember my post “The best meal is made by my husband.” Tonight’s will be “The best meal is my husband’s recipe made by me!” Mart’s Mac and Cheese has returned! I had some ham left from last night’s pre- Easter dinner. I also knew that I would be out driving kids from 5:30 to 6:30. So, out came Mart’s recipe. The Mac and Cheese was very good; I am not sure it was as good as his(although I didn’t mention this at dinner). Doesn’t food taste so much better when somewhen else prepares it ? I decided while I was making it that 1 onion had to be too much. I was wrong; I didn’t put as much in and it did lack for a little “oomph”. The kids broke out hot sauce and proclaimed it perfect with Mac and Cheese. But, it was the perfect meal on a busy night. I left it in the oven on time bake and it was hot and bubbling when we walked in. Now, if only I had someone to do the dishes(as well as a laundress :)). Then life would be perfect! For now, I am happy with dinner on the table without a takeout box in sight.

Note:If you’d like the recipe for Mart’s Mac and Cheese(with ham) it is listed up top in the cookbook tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment