March 15, 2010

Red Pepper Mayonnaise

This could be the perfect condiment!   We love, love, love red pepper mayonnaise. So simple and so delicious.  It takes only a few minutes to make this...


Become this:


Tonight was destined to be a bad night in terms of getting dinner on the table.  My oldest was at a friend's and I needed to pick him up early.  Unfortunately, when he originally told me where he would be, he was off by about 40 miles.  (But in his excuse, both towns started with "G". Sometimes, you can't believe how oblivious kids are!)  So, instead of being home at 4:30, it was close to 6 when we walked in.  I will confess and tell you that as we drove by a take out wing place, I seriously considered stopping.  But I had made the red pepper mayo this morning and figured it would spice up the plain chicken sandwiches I would now be making.  I am feeling quite virtuous for having resisted the wings! :) So, chicken got thrown on the grill, buns were toasted and a quick salad was made. I pulled out the red pepper mayo and a boring dinner seemed brighter.  This mayo is so good - perfect on a grilled chicken sandwich, also fabulous on BLT's and Roast Beef.  I have a little left from tonight and I am sure it will end up on someone's sandwich tomorrow.  

Red Pepper Mayonnaise

1 large Red Pepper
2 Tblsp  Mayonnaise(Regular or Light- I use Hellman's)
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400. Wash pepper, cut in half and remove seeds. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.  Place pepper halves on pan and roast until skin is black, approximately 15-20 minutes. (see photo above) Remove peppers from oven and wrap in foil from pan to steam for 15-30 minutes.  Unwrap and peel skin off pepper.  Place pepper, mayo and salt in blender and blend to mix.  Voila!  That's it... just refrigerate and you are ready to enjoy this wonderful mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment