March 31, 2010

Retro Tuesday's Cheeseburger Pie

I am a little late in posting! Yesterday was so crazy I never even made it to my computer. Dinner was not particularly inspired. In my defense I was driving kids from 4:00 - 7:30pm. This dinner came together before I left and then Brittany just popped it into the oven. Combined with a salad, it was a quick meal. Without my commitment to “cooking to save” I can guarantee you we would have had takeout. And while Cheeseburger Pie is not the most attractive dinner, it wasn’t unhealthy and full of fat. Light Bisquick, lean ground beef, onions,cheese, eggs and skim milk. That’s it! Combined with a salad, dinner was done. What I am realizing about all these retro meals is that they are mostly very simple. I am sure our mothers didn’t want to spend all day in the kitchen either!

DSC_0455

Cheeseburger PIe

1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion
2 eggs
1 cup milk(i used skim)
1/2 Cup Bisquick(I used light)
2 cups cheddar cheese

In frying pan, cook ground beef and onions. Drain beef and put into greased pie plate. Sprinkle cheese over beef. Whisk eggs, milk and Bisquick and then pour over meat mixture. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes. Could it be any easier? Kids love this one and it is a great alternative to hamburgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment