March 5, 2010

Tarragon Lobster Rolls

Today, while I was out shopping for the invasion of 20 boys tomorrow night, I noticed that there was a sale on lobsters.  They cried out to me.....and somehow 3 of them landed in my shopping cart.  :)  It's been a long winter in New England and a touch of summer sounded so appealing.  My new Friday night dinner became lobster rolls.  I am a believer that fresh lobster rolls don't need much; too much seasoning and you suddenly lose the wonderful taste of the lobster meat.  I shelled the lobster, added a small amount of mayonnaise, lemon juice and tarragon and we were good to go. With a warm, buttery bun they were perfect! Don't you need a little sunshine in your house?


Tarragon Lobster Rolls(makes 5 rolls)

3 1 1/4 lb lobsters, cooked, meat removed and chopped
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup mayo
2tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp salt

top split hot dog buns
1 tbslp butter

In medium bowl, mix lobster meat with lemon juice.  In small bowl, whisk mayo, tarragon and salt.  Fold into lobster meat.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to meld flavors.  In pan, melt 1/2 tblsp butter over medium heat.  Add buns and cook until brown.  Add remaining butter and flip buns to brown.  Remove from pan, place on platter and add lobster mixture.  Serve immediately.



1 comment: