April 16, 2010

The Perfect Dessert ...so, so easy!

DSC_0506

Last night was "make your own salad" night. We were all home at different points so I made a salad bar for us. All kinds of salad toppings(in other words, anything I could find in the refrigerator)chicken and some leftover steak from the night before. I had been too lazy to go to the store so I didn't even have any of the requisite bread to go with the salad. Boys need their carbs! I decided instead that I would have a dessert for them. My kids love ice cream. Well, doesn't everyone? Now that I think about it, I don't know anyone who doesn't. Do you ? I don't think there's anyone in the world who doesn't like ice cream. Back to dessert... I had bought some vanilla ice cream the day before from our local dairy farm. The kids hadn't realized it was in the freezer so I decided I would make some chocolate sauce to go with it. There isn't anything easier! I used 2 ingredients: heavy cream and chocolate chips. That's it ! The kids went crazy over it and I put some bananas on top of the ice cream so we could pretend we were eating healthy. I had a lot left so I just put it in a tupperware; we can just reheat it in the microwave when we want some more(in other words, tonight!) I promise you, this is wonderful chocolate sauce; you will never buy a jar again!

DSC_0508


Chocolate Sauce

1/2 cup heavy cream
10 oz chocolate chips(almost a full bag)

In double boiler(I used a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water) pour in cream and chips. Stir frequently until chips are melted. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers for 3-4 days. Reheat in microwave.


No comments:

Post a Comment